LOOKING FOR A COACH OR PLAYER IN ANOTHER COUNTRY?
NEW ARTICLE POSTED:
Read the REVIEW of our ebook, The Complete Book of the Flex Offense.
BASKETBALL TIMES (a monthly publication that provides the best information on NBA, NCAA, NAIA, and High School basketball).
NEW DRILL VIDEO PROGRAM!!! GET SIX DRILLS FREE!
FAMED SHOOTING INSTRUCTOR TOM NORDLAND HAS JUST RELEASED HIS LATEST DVD.
GREAT SHOOTING VIDEOS
NEW! CONNECTICUT DOUBLE-SCREEN PLAY.
COACH STEVE PAVLOVICS
NEW PLAY: "WHEN YOU HAVE TO HAVE A "THREE"
PRESENTING OUR EBOOK ON BASKETBALL'S MOST DIFFICULT OFFENSE TO GUARD:
From "Inside George Raveling's Head"
* When you interview for a job, the interview must be interactive--they question you--you question them--whoever asks the best questions win.
* Most coaches have a blind spot when it comes to assessment of a players talent level.
* Your job as a coach is to be certain that your team gets better and more capable over the course of the season.
* Coaches spend too much time on the "How" of things and not enough on the "Why" of things. (Ed. Note: Read this twice!)
A coach is responsible to take advantage of each players core strengths.
* It is the wise coach who puts each player in position to do what he/she does best.
(Taken from George Raveling's basketball website:
WATCH COACH SIMMONS OF MIAMI-DADE TEACH ABOUT COACHING YOUTH BASKETBALL:
* "Success in anything is about focus and concentration. When I coached, I'd say to the players, "Yes, I know you played hard, but that's not good enough. You've got to stay focused on the task at hand the entire game."....Rick Barry
WHEN YOU HAVE TO HAVE A THREE
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
* "You can't water the roses if you are standing on the hose."....anonymous
BASKETBALLSBEST CONGRATULATES MEN'S COACH TOM KLUSMAN AND WOMEN'S COACH GLENN WILKES, JR. OF ROLLINS COLLEGE ON WINNING THEIR 600TH GAMES, THE ONLY COACHES IN COLLEGIATE BASKETBALL HISTORY TO WIN THEIR 600TH GAMES AT THE SAME SCHOOL. BOTH WON THEIR 600TH GAMES DURING THE SAME SEASON, 2012-13. BOTH ALSO WON THEIR 600TH AGAINST THE SAME OPPOSING SCHOOL, KLUSMAN BEAT FLORIDA TECH 74-62 ON JANUARY 9TH AND WILKES DEFEATING FLORIDA TECH 79-53 ON MARCH 7TH.
FIVE KEYS ON OFFENSE AND FIVE KEYS ON DEFENSE FOR BOTH THE COACH AND THE PLAYER
* Push the Pace
* Get back on defense
*One thing is very clear in the latter stages of a game when you are ahead: DON'T FOUL! This does not mean in the obvious situation--when you are ahead by three with seven seconds left for example when you might want to send your opponent to the line to prevent a 3 point attempt. Generally, late in the game, DON'T FOUL!
(COACHING TIPS FROM DEL HARRIS)
Above play was used by PACIFIC UNIVERSITY
INSIDE FEED FROM THE FLEX OFFENSE
This is just one of many Flex options shown in the ebook, THE COMPLETE BOOK ON THE FLEX OFFENSE.
BEST DIAGRAM SOFTWARE FOR BASKETBALL!
Easy way to Drag and Drop Play Diagrams. Make your own playbooks and impressive scouting reports. You will be surprised at how easy it is for you to draw plays on your computer and to make attractive playbooks for your team. Basic program is only $35 so every coach should have this product.
For information, go to: FastModel Sports
"Ego is a paradox--it is the point from which you see, but it can also make you blind."... Bill Russell
* "In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are ueseless, but planning is indispensible.".......Dwight Eisenhower
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford.
"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."...Mark Twain
"Those who have climbed the mountain understand the struggle. If you seek advice seek it from somebody who has done what you aspire to do. More often they will help you"...unknown
Article: "THE WILL TO WIN IS NOT NEARLY AS IMPORTANT
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN (IN NCAA TOURNAMENT)
#4 clears to left side as #5 steps toward the ball so his screen will not look obvious.
#1 moves as if to set a ball-screen for #3, then changes direction
MICHIGAN STATE SPECIAL FOR 4 MAN
#1 passes to #5 and makes curved cut for screen for #4 who sets his man up
"First you become a team, then you become a winner, then you become a contender"-- Pat Riley
Site last updated: May 1, 2013